Monday, March 12, 2012

Update: bullet style!

So a quick update. I know I haven't been blogging. This has been my life: eat, sleep, work, train, read Game of Thrones, repeat, repeat, repeat.

I'm going to do this bulletpoint style due to sheer laziness.

  • If you somehow have not heard of the Eggers vs. Armstrong (as in, LANCE ARMSTRONG) 50 yd kickoff set for next month (at UB) with all proceeds going to charity, you must live under a rock. So go to Mary's blog to see the post that started it all, that thanks to social media, was retweeted enough for Lance to actually see it and respond to it via twitter. It is really happening. Details on the event, donations, etc. will be available soon!

  • I am running Johnny's Runnin' O' the Green this coming Saturday, on St. Paddy's Day! It's my first race since the Run for the Diamonds which is where I hurt my knee to begin with! I have been instructed not to really race it - I'm just doing it because it's a Rochester tradition and I love the long-sleeved cotton race shirt that comes in the packet. So it will be a nice easy going race for me with no PR attempts or other nonsense. Then, maybe a green beer afterwards!

  • I am obsessed.. OBSESSED with Game of Thrones. I am on the 2nd book (Clash of Kings) and I bought Season 1 of the show (airs on HBO) the day it was released, and it was spectacular. The first book was a little hard to get into.. there is almost no back story and there are a TON of characters, so it took me almost the entire first book to get everyone straight, but the TV show is able to do this without a problem, and probably even strengthened my understanding of what is going on the book. Highly, highly recommended!

  • I have been playing with makeup this year (goal of 2012 - be a grownup/real girl) and I am definitely getting better at it. I am figuring out the products I like and what works for me (eye/hair color, skin tone, and my style which is definitely subtle). I went to a party on Saturday night and several of my friends didn't even recognize me. This is what happens when you normally see your friends and you are a) wearing a swimsuit, b) hair is in a ponytail, c) are sweating, or d) all of the above. I think that was the first time Mary has ever seen me in real pants or with my hair washed! YIKES.

  • I am going to try to write more. I know. Try is the operative word here. I do keep up with my google reader and try to comment every once in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love creepy blog stalker friends! Don't be afraid to leave me a comment!