Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Ins and Outs

So my Keuka Lake Tri race report is written, but I am waiting on photos before I publish it! In the meantime, I have done a bunch of fun things recently that don't involve triathlon.

me and Jessie in Jim Thorpe
A few weeks ago, I took a weekend trip to the Poconos area to visit one of my best friends in the entire world. Jessie and I were college roommates at Slippery Rock and fellow pre-physical therapy majors, although I am a year older than her. She went on to get her DPT whereas I changed my course of study junior year to straight biology. Even though I hadn't seen her since 2009 when I ran the Philadelphia Marathon (she lives in Philly and came to see me after the race), it really made no difference. We ate some food, hit up some wineries, did some drinking, got pedicures, and in general just had a fun, relaxing weekend. We have vowed to get together at LEAST once a year from now on!

Ari and I got a bottle of wine at Aladdin's
Memorial Day weekend was fun - I had 4 days off. I took Friday off specifically because Chrissie Wellington's book tour was coming to Toronto and I was going to drive up to see her. Yes, I am that obsessed that I will drive over 300 miles and into a different country just to hug Chrissie. I was about 10 minutes outside of Buffalo when I got a bunch of messages saying that Chrissie had canceled her event at GEARS bike shop because she had lost her passport and couldn't fly to Canada. I was not happy. At all. I *may* have cried. Thank god I was told before I crossed into Canada and turned off my cell phone! I turned a sad day into a happier one by going shopping at the Galleria and buying a cute dress at least. I then spent the rest of the weekend drinking. I think.. at least Thursday night, Friday night and Sunday night. And then I got yelled at by Mary so no more wine for me.. for a while. :)
Ari was also drinking water as to stay properly hydrated

This past Friday, I went to see Michael Franti and Spearhead with Steve Winwood at CMAC with Solveig. I like Michael Franti and I am pretty much open to most musical experiences. The problem - we had lawn tickets and it was a 100% chance of rain. We said "screw it" and went anyways, managed to get seats under the cover of the amphitheatre, and had lots of fun! We left early (after Franti but about halfway through Steve Winwood). He was just too mellow with too many saxophone solos and we were both freezing and tired by 10:30 pm. Basically, we are grandmas. It was a good time though. I would love to go to a show and actually be able to lie on the lawn on a blanket and not freeze my ass off!
we were freezing our butts off under a giant umbrella

I am obviously doing well with the "be more social" New Years Resolution that I made! :)




4 comments:

  1. REAL triathletes don't have social lives. Go run 10 miles. NOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. that's right! I have broken it off with Ironman and am exploring new relationships, namely with my wine glass :)

      Delete

I love creepy blog stalker friends! Don't be afraid to leave me a comment!