Friday, September 11, 2009

compression socks!

I feel as though compression socks/sleeves have taken the triathlon world by storm! I see people racing in them; when I was in line to register at IMLP, every single finisher from the day before was wearing them! I'm not going to lie - I own a pair of pink Zensah compression sleeves. I bought them at Fleet Feet after my boyfriend bought a pair and went on and on about them. I'm wearing them right now! I really only use them for recovery. I'm on my feet for my entire shift at work, and the combination of Crocs and the compression sleeves is what I use to keep the strain off my legs.. even with this, they STILL hurt constantly. I don't run in them though (and I'm ashamed to say this) because they look SO dorky. I really don't need anything else helping me to be more of a nerd. I already am obsessed with Harry Potter and sleep with a stuffed horse. I don't need to add ridiculous looking calf sleeves to the things that people can make fun of me about! Anyways, I don't know if there is actual science behind the recovery benefits of compression garments (I think I will buy a pair of CW-X knickers for this fall) but they feel great on my legs! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love creepy blog stalker friends! Don't be afraid to leave me a comment!