Wednesday, December 22, 2010

crazy Christmas-time

It's going to be an absolutely crazy week. Because Christmas is on Saturday, I work Mon. - Thurs. and I am driving home to my parents' house on Friday morning. In order to get my 3 swims in this week, they have to be Tues., Wed., and Thurs. (I'm being honest here - I think one of those swims is going to get skipped). I have bike rides Wed. and Fri. - Sun. Oh yes. On Christmas DAY I will be doing an 8 minute balls out lactate threshold test in the middle of my regularly scheduled trainer session. I'm sure my parents will love me setting up my trainer in the middle of the living room and blasting the volume of the TV! But hey.. at least I am going home!

So much for relaxing during the holidays. But I'm looking at is as: if I do big workouts on Saturday and Sunday, I can eat big meals Saturday and Sunday! :)

Then it's back to work on Monday.

My official apartment search begins after Christmas, because my lease is up at the end of February. I look on craigslist every day but I haven't made any phone calls. In theory, apartment hunting could be fun, but with my limited budget, it blows. What I want and what I can afford are very far apart. My apartment is small, but I don't think I'm going to be finding anything that's any bigger. What I do want to find is something in a better area, where I don't have to worry about what's going to happen when I leave for the weekend. I guess if I have to compromise some space, then oh well.

All I can say is.. it's very frustrating.

4 comments:

  1. Alexa, I thought you'd like to know that Chrissie Wellington is the winner of Sportswoman of the Year over at Science of Sport. Check it out here: http://www.sportsscientists.com/2010/12/sportswoman-of-2010-chrissie-wellington.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with ya on being realistic about this weeks trainings and what's actually gonna get done. I'm gonna try my best but it's one week...if the holidays get busy adn crazy it's fine. I did ask for Christmas Day as my off day but as a christmas present I got a Vo2 Max swim and an 11 mile run for Christmas Eve. I plan to do those and then bring on the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the link, Laura - great article!

    ReplyDelete

I love creepy blog stalker friends! Don't be afraid to leave me a comment!