Saturday, December 18, 2010

mopping = a triumphant feat!

I cannot BELIEVE how productive I was today! I attribute that to a solid 12 hours of sleep. After going to see Black Swan (more on that later) Friday evening, I crashed at no later than 8:30 pm (but remember, I was up all night working) and got up at 8:30 am. I proceeded to do laundry AND clean my entire apartment, including MOPPING MY KITCHEN FLOOR with an actual bucket of bleach (is that what you're supposed to mop with??) and spongy mop thing! This has never happened in the history of my life. Yes I have used a Swiffer, but let's face it, the Swiffer dries out after about 3 "swipes" and really doesn't do a great job.

I did all of this cleaning because my friend Ari was coming over today to help me flip my mattress (my chiropractor thinks that not rotating my mattress is not helping all of the weird lower body soreness that I have been experiencing). She showed up with her boyfriend Trevor and we flipped that shit in about 5 minutes! So now I will sleep on the side of my mattress that does not have a "divet" from sleeping in the exact same spot for 3 years. Apparently a mattress is supposed to last for 7 years IF you take proper care of it, so hopefully I will be good to go!

I am feeling very at peace in my clean apartment! I got all of that cleaning done AND my bike test in before 3 pm, so then I could curl up on my couch and watch the Ironman World Championships on NBC at 4 pm with a mug of hot chocolate. (Only after I drove to Rite Aid in my sweatpants and bought milk and chocolate like the single girl that I am! Buuut, better to be the sad, single girl in the sweatpants than the girl in line in front of me, holding a First Response pregnancy test! Haha!)

I am feeling pretty tired after such a busy day, so I am laying low tonight, especially in anticipation of my first ever yoga class at 8:30 tomorrow morning! I'm psyched! I also have a swim test tomorrow, an hour bike ride, and 15 minutes of running, so it isn't going to be a snoozefest on the couch either.. but I prefer to stay busy so I am fine with it!

Anyways, back to Black Swan. I linked the trailer in my last post. I'm not going to spoil it, but I will say that it was really good. It was also REALLY weird. Like, ballet + blatant sexual-ness + psychological + thriller + creepy = Black Swan. I get freaked out easily and this movie did freak me out. I am also fairly squeamish when it comes to blood, vomit, etc. and there is enough of that in this movie to make me a little uncomfortable. So while I liked it and thought it was REALLY good, I'm not sure if I would watch it again. Just like when I watch Requiem for a Dream and I have to look away every time they show someone shooting up, I had to look away during some of the scenes of this movie, because I am a giant baby. I WOULD recommend it - however I would not recommend it to anyone who is super wholesome or doesn't want to watch a film that is "gritty."

I am off to paint my toenails for yoga! Happy training everyone!

1 comment:

  1. LOL, my cats are my mop, I drop something in the kitchen, they eat it, but since my parents are coming over, I actually got on my hands and knees and scrubbed my kitchen floor, then watched the kids try to walk on the wet floor, confused why it was wet, but as stubborn as they are, they were persistant at it, probably thought daddy dropped some food for them

    ReplyDelete

I love creepy blog stalker friends! Don't be afraid to leave me a comment!