Sunday, May 23, 2010

lazy girl

The series finale of LOST is on tonight from 7:00 - 11:30. I am supposed to be at work at 11 pm but I got permission to come in late (how awesome is it to be me?). Many Train-This teammates watch LOST and are freaking out because something they have been invested in for 6 years is ending - and I don't blame them. My situation is a little different. I started watching LOST back in Feb. for several reasons: people on the Train-This google group wouldn't shut up about it, it was still winter-ish and I was bored and newly single, and I had a LOT of 3+ hr trainer rides to suffer through. I managed to watch 5 1/2 seasons of LOST in a very short time span (maybe a month?) and I'm pretty sure that's a testament as to how lame I really am. Regardless, I am now as hooked on this TV show as anyone else and I am also quite sad that it is ending. Unfortunately, watching TV means sitting in my ungodly hot apartment. It feels like the 7th circle of hell in here. Every winter I freeze and every summer I sweat my ass off. I have taken to sitting around in my underwear in order to deal with it! So that is how I will be watching LOST.. On my couch in my underwear with my cat (probably crying because it's over). :)

Anyways, that is my night tonight. I just finished up a nice easy hour ride on my bike. I really need to get it to the shop for a tune-up. It's not shifting very well, the chain fell off on my ride last weekend, I think it needs new brake pads (it will definitely need new ones for the Keene descent in Placid!), and both wheels need to be trued. So basically, my bike is a mess and I have a tri in 2 weeks. Way to procrastinate Alexa. I just hate giving it up! It's better to do it early in the season when the bike shops aren't busy, but I wanted to wait until I was close to the start of my season to get it done. I will call my friends over at Park Ave Bike Shop and see if they can squeeze it in somewhere! I'll probably bring my Zipps too because let's face it, I'm never going to switch those tires myself. LAZY!

I was talking to Gretchen yesterday and she said she mostly has a coach to rein her in and keep her from overtraining. I have a coach for the opposite reason.. I am lazy and I need motivation! As long as I know someone is looking at my training plan, I will do everything on it (and no I don't lie about anything!!!). If I was responsible for only satisfying myself, I'd be skipping workouts all over the place!

Anyways, lazy recovery week is over and it's back to regular training hours next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love creepy blog stalker friends! Don't be afraid to leave me a comment!