Wednesday, May 12, 2010

sweet sweet burnout

Today was just one of those days. A day where all I want to do is stay in bed. I did not want to go to work. I did anyways. When I got home, I just wanted to lay on the couch in my sweatpants. I seriously considered skipping my workouts and doing just that. But I knew I would regret it. I had no legitimate reason - no injury, no illness, and I've recovered from my big miles this weekend. It was just kind of dreary and chilly, but shit happens. I am attributing it to a slight burnout. But I need to push through this burnout! So I got dressed and forced myself out the door for my bike ride. Once I was on the bike, I was fine. My ride was only so-so but I FINALLY had a good run. 8:40 pace for a little over 5 miles and I felt good. Heart rate was right where it was supposed to be. My legs felt a little tired but nothing too bad.

I came home from work to find a package from Amazon waiting for me. It contained the book "Duel in the Sun" which is about an epic Boston Marathon, and the movie "American Flyers" which is a 1980s movie (with KEVIN COSTNER) about cycling. Yes I know "Breaking Away" is the requisite cycling movie but I hated Breaking Away, I thought the kid was annoying and I was bored throughout the entire movie. American Flyers is a zillion times better and if you haven't seen it - Netflix it! It's got cycling, sweet 80s tunes, ridiculous slang, and Kevin Costner with the most awesome mustache you've ever seen.

I'm still waiting for my Michelin Pro3 race tires to arrive! Tonight I think I will order a LOST shirt for the LOST finale party that BETTER HAPPEN! Also I registered for the Formula 1 Spring Classic Duathlon in a week and a half!

Also can I say I got a straight up shout out in Mary's blog. Not about training, or Ironman, or about how I am such a hardcore athlete that I am going to win Lake Placid as an amateur and dominate Kona. No no.. about my obsession with LOST. Mary is the cause of this obsession. And I thank her for it because TV does not get any better than this show. It has everything. Time travel, love triangles, monsters, hot guys, people shooting people, I could go on and on and on.. (which I have already done enough of in this blog post)..

2 comments:

  1. I feel ya on the burnout. I dont really get it....i truly LOVE what im doing, but sometimes all I want to do is sleep for 12 hours and sit in my jammies and eat ice cream....and hate on my Chiquilo. Does that make me less iron?

    And if you win Placid, I Want your autograph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too but it's definitely hard. Sometimes I imagine what it would be like to be "normal" and not have to plan 8 hours worth of workouts on a Saturday.. but I can never imagine going back to a lifestyle like that. But sometimes I just want to be lazy, dammit!

    ReplyDelete

I love creepy blog stalker friends! Don't be afraid to leave me a comment!