Friday, November 5, 2010

there's a first time for everything

It is now Friday evening.

This week has been a week of many firsts. My first week of structured training since Syracuse 70.3. My first "run" since admitting to myself that I have a hamstring issue (more on this later). The first sick day I've taken at my still relatively new job. The first time I've actually voted at a polling site. The first time I've turned on my heat in at least 6 months. My first time eating a crepe.

I could probably continue..

Mary, Matt, and Alan are all racing IMFL tomorrow! I have an epic case of Iron-jealousy. I wish I was there. Not necessarily racing, but cheering, taking photos, volunteering, supporting friends and just taking in the Ironman atmosphere! (OK, maybe racing..). Also, getting away from the cold, rainy, miserable weather here in Rochester wouldn't be awful, just sayin'.

On Wednesday, I successfully ran for 10 minutes. Haha! I would have run for longer but I had to squeeze it in after work but before my chiropractor appointment at 4:15. It was stiff, but it wasn't painful. I am supposed to start adding in slow, easy runs to my schedule. Kenny the chiro thinks that the stiffness is more of "non-use" than being injured and he thinks that running will help stretch the muscles out. So I will continue to go get poked, scraped, stretched, etc. but I can start running again. YAY!

That is all for now. Time to go eat some PIZZA!

2 comments:

  1. A friend of mine is doing IMFL tomorrow (his first IM) and I definitely have Iron-jealousy. That's a good term for it. I've been texting him all day with random unsolicited advice and tips that are hopefully *somewhat* useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to the workout world :) You have been missed.

    ReplyDelete

I love creepy blog stalker friends! Don't be afraid to leave me a comment!