Wednesday, February 23, 2011

firework

do you ever feel like a plastic bag
drifting through the wind
wanting to start again

do you ever feel so paper thin
like a house of cards
one blow from caving in

do you ever feel already buried deep
six feet under, scream
but no one seems to hear a thing

do you know that there's still a chance for you
cause there's a spark in you

you just gotta ignite the light
and let it shine
just own the night
like the Fourth of July

cause baby you're a firework

I apologize for quoting Katy Perry (hey, at least it's not Ke$ha. or Beiber.). But I think the song has some major truth to it (and also I happen to lurve it). It always manages to make me feel good about myself and happy with my life. That no matter what happens or what you do, you just have to own it and be confident.

Anywho..

I'm sort of bummin' this week. I shouldn't be because I have a sweet new apartment with some sweet new furniture (thanks to mom & dad for that 2nd one!), but I am also recovering from this sickness and it seems to be taking FOREVER. After my 1 hour trainer ride today I coughed for what felt like 20 minutes. I was surprised to NOT see my lungs sitting down by my feet when I finally stopped hacking. Then I ran for 30 minutes (instead of 45) because I was worried I was going to start hacking again (exertion + cold air seems to trigger this - which did not make moving day very much fun AT ALL). On a good note - both workouts felt pretty good (minus the hacking of course).

 I also really want to finish unpacking but have been unable to do so due to several things. I am working evenings which means I have trouble getting up early. I have to fit these workouts in during the morning hours which doesn't leave me a lot of time before I have to get ready for work. And all my extra time this week is going towards cleaning up the old apartment so I can hopefully get my security deposit back. Saturday I should be able to finish the unpacking so that I will be able to find things.. such as pants, that are currently hidden away somewhere!

The new apartment is MUCH quieter than the old apartment. And there is no squirrel. However, there is an upstairs neighbor who I hear walking around and rolling around in bed (I really just don't want to know what he's doing up there). But this is made up for by having an actual bathtub, a dishwasher, my own private mailbox, the ability to regulate the temperature of the entire apartment, blinds that block the sunlight, no smell of lingering weed, a faucet that runs the correct temperature of water, and a parking lot that actual guests can use.. must I go on?

Once I feel better I will be good to go!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new place. Remember to breathe and be patient with yourself! Sometimes you just need to take it easy. It'll all come together in due time.

    Enjoy the journey, and yeah... knowing what the neighbors are up to is (sometimes) never a good thing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i saw our title and just had to say...
    love
    that
    feakin'
    song...


    it's my theme song of the year!

    swear;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, the bathtub makes it worth it alone!! Plus just wait until you can go for a run without stopping at a light every 5 seconds.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK Love that song!

    I am glad you don't have a squirrel upstairs anymore.

    I was looking through IMLP vids to get my ass in gear when I was feeling lame and came across YOUR finishing vid with you talking to Mary. Honest, I am not a stalker, I just was clickign away on YouTube and then..there you were! ha ha

    ReplyDelete

I love creepy blog stalker friends! Don't be afraid to leave me a comment!