Monday, April 12, 2010

holy crap it is late

Alright, well it's 2:00 am. I am at work. This is a time of day that I NEVER see. Sometimes, I'm up til midnight on the weekend (not often). I get up at 5 am quite frequently for work and group runs, and at 4 am for races. But 2 am - NEVER. But now that I am working overnights.. 2 am is going to occur for 2 weeks out of every 5 weeks, which, I'm not gonna lie - pretty much blows. And I would rather get up at 5 am every day than stay up this late. I LOVE going to bed early - like 9 pm early. I have the bedtime of an 8 year old and I don't care. Even on Friday night I am in my PJs ASAP and in bed before 10 pm when everyone else is out at the bar (believe me, I can hear them walking past my window all freaking night).

When I get home at 7:30ish I get to tackle the problem of sleeping during the day. Regardless of how exhausted I am, I am worried that I won't be able to sleep. I have earplugs, an eye mask, a fan, an AC unit that I need to put back in my window, and if all of that fails, I will buy a black blanket and hang it over my bed. Dear god I just hope I can sleep. Because I do NOT do well on less than 8 hours of sleep and I need to get quality training in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love creepy blog stalker friends! Don't be afraid to leave me a comment!