Thursday, September 16, 2010

grumpiness vs. pancakes

Alright, so for the past few days I have been a little ok, a lot grumpy. I don't like to be in a bad mood - but I am having a hard time kicking this one.. I went to the barn this morning to see Miss Cherry and although that helped, I am still just annoyed at life for the time being. There's nothing like being a woman on a hormone-fueled rampage.

I'm getting anxious about the race coming up on Sunday. Not the race itself, but all of the crap I have to do before the race! Yesterday and today I did a bunch of stuff - bought my nutrition and food for the weekend, but I forgot to buy Yanks for my new running shoes so now I have to go go BACK to the running store to get them. I also still need to clean my bike and put my race wheels on. Tomorrow I am working 10-6 which is good because I won't be stuck at work all night but it is horrible for trying to get things done. I'm going to have to get up early to squeeze my swim in and then run after work.

I also don't like having to rack my bike the day before the race. I don't even know what time I am leaving for Syracuse on Saturday morning because I am staying with Adam, but he has to ride on Saturday and I don't know how long he is riding for, so I don't know when I will actually have a place to go. I don't want to drive to Syracuse, register, drive to the race site, rack my bike, and then have to sit in my car for 2 hours.

I think it's safe to say that I get a little anxious when I don't know what's going on. But it's weird. I'm not freaking out that my swim wave starts 48 minutes after the first wave - that I don't care about at all. I'm not even that worried that I don't know if I'll be able to have warm, dry clothes at the finish line - and that is a legitimate concern. So why am I concerned about what time I am leaving on Saturday morning? Because I am a freak.

I'm being a whiny little baby and I know that. Maybe bitching about it will get it out of my system? I don't think I have complained about any of this stuff to anyone so maybe this will do the trick.

On a positive note, I am meeting some teammates for a Train-This carbo-load pancake breakfast at IHOP on Saturday morning. And chocolate chip pancakes make me really, really, really happy. So if the bad mood has not been killed by then, hopefully that will do it!

Althought I said cheers to it almost being my off-season, I TOTALLY FORGOT that new TV shows start up again next week! I don't watch very much TV but I am a huge fan of The Office as well as NCIS. Thinking about that makes me quite happy as well! :)

3 comments:

  1. Awww!! You can always come hang out with me!! LOL!! Im jealous of the pancake breakfast!! ENjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am as freaky as you - I have a race on Sat and my biggest concern? What time I need to leave to get there. WHAT??? Nope, not worried about my swim wave or the race itself, I am obsessing over when to leave. So I get it.

    So I think we are normal and everyone else is a freak.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love creepy blog stalker friends! Don't be afraid to leave me a comment!